Ripe Dispensary wants to ensure YOUR Ripe Experience is unique, bold and positive through consistently providing premium and diverse products, focusing on superior personal service and educating YOU and all consumers utilizing our philosophy of Safety First – Do No Harm. Everyone can have an enjoyable cannabis experience by following the Colorado state laws and understanding tips for safe and responsible use.
Before you buy, you must ….
- Present a valid ID verifying you are at least 21 years of age to purchase retail cannabis.
- It’s illegal for people under 21 to buy, have or use retail marijuana.
- It’s a felony for anyone to give or sell to, or share marijuana with, anyone under 21.
Recreational Daily Purchase Limits Are:
1 ounce of Flower or 8 grams of concentrate or 800 MG of Edibles
|Safety First – Know the Law|
- No matter how you use cannabis – smoked, eaten, or vaped – it is not allowed in public places.
- Do not drive high. It is illegal to drive impaired by cannabis and you can get a DUI. It is also illegal to have an open cannabis package inside a car if some of the product is gone and it seems like it was used in the car.
- Keep it in Colorado. It is illegal to take cannabis out of the state. You cannot bring cannabis to the Denver International Airport. Leaving Colorado with any cannabis product is against the law.
- It is illegal for youth under the age of 21 to purchase, possess or use retail cannabis products. Youth may get a minor in possession charge.
|Safety First – Know your Limits|
1 – 5 mg 5-10 mg 10 – 15 mg
New Customer Occasional Customer Frequent Customer
- Take your time and learn what is right for you. What is your edible tolerance?
- Start with a low dose to avoid overconsuming.
- Since the body slowly digests edibles like regular food, cannabis infused products can take up to 30 minutes to 2 hours to take effect.
- If you are worried that you used too much cannabis, call the poison control hotline as soon as possible. Calling is free and you will be helped quickly: 1-800-222-1222. If symptoms seem bad, call 911 or go to an emergency room right away.
- For more information on marijuana in Colorado, including laws, health effects and resources for youth prevention, visit Colorado.gov/Marijuana.
- This information is not and should not be considered to be legal or medical advice. Please refer to and comply with all warnings contained on your product packaging.
RETAIL CANNABIS: METHODS OF USE
Retail cannabis is legal for adults over 21 and can be used in many ways and can have different levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). But no matter how cannabis is used- smoked, eaten, vaped or dabbed- THC can make you feel high. Being high hurts your ability to do everyday activities safely. Be aware of how much cannabis you use and how different forms may affect you.
METHOD: joints, pipes, blunts.
HOW IT WORKS: Bud from the marijuana plant is burned and the smoke is inhaled.
METHOD: waterpipes, bongs.
HOW IT WORKS: Smoke goes through water before it is inhaled.
TIME TO TAKE EFFECT: Seconds to minutes. Eﬀects can last up to 6 hours.
HEALTH EFFECTS: Breathing marijuana smoke is not healthy. Using waterpipes and bongs does not make smoke less harmful. Marijuana smoke of any kind irritates the lungs. Smoking around others exposes them to secondhand smoke. Marijuana smoke contains the same cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco smoke.
|EATING or DRINKING
METHOD: marijuana-infused edibles or drinks.
HOW IT WORKS: THC extract from marijuana is added to food or drink to be digested.
TIME TO TAKE EFFECT: 90 minutes to 4 hours to feel eﬀect. Eﬀects can last up to 8 hours.
HEALTH EFFECTS: Since the body digests edibles like regular food, it can take much longer to feel the eﬀect. It is not safe to eat or drink additional servings right away. Use caution when consuming more than one serving.
METHOD: e-cigarettes, vape pens, vaporizers. HOW IT WORKS: THC extract from marijuana is heated and the vapor is inhaled.
TIME TO TAKE EFFECT: Seconds to minutes.
HEALTH EFFECTS: Vaporized marijuana can have high levels of THC and other chemicals. High levels of THC can be dangerous. Tools used for vaporizing are not regulated for health or safety. Safety of vaporizing marijuana is not known at this time.
METHOD: hash oil, dab, wax or earwax, shatter. HOW IT WORKS: THC extract from marijuana is heated and the vapor is inhaled. TIME TO TAKE EFFECT: Seconds to minutes.
HEALTH EFFECTS: THC extract from marijuana, also called hash oil, can contain up to 60-80% THC. High levels of THC can be dangerous. At this time, we do not know the safety of dabbing.
|TOPICAL METHOD: Non-edibles like lotions, oils, balms, salves. HOW IT WORKS: THC extract from marijuana is added to products and applied to the skin.
TIME TO TAKE EFFECT: not tested.
HEALTH EFFECTS: Topical products may treat skin problems or pain relief, but do not make the user feel high.